sábado, 28 de marzo de 2009

March is ending.

And I haven't posted a decent entry in a while. So yeah, now that we're here, I shall do :)

Two weeks after seeing Viniloversus, I went to an IndieKaraoke. It was rather fun actually, I sang "I wanna hold your hand" with a friend from my choir, but I kinda sounded terrible cos I had been screaming instead of speaking before I got on the stage cos the music was too loud. Boohoo.
What really annoyed me was the massive amount of indie/scene kids, all looking the same with their skinny jeans and Palestinian scarves. I should have expected to see them there, of course, the name of the Karaoke thing makes it pretty obvious. Even though the place, Sake Disco Bar, was really small and, uh, UGLY, the music was pretty cool. I mean, you rarely get to dance to Vampire Weekend or Phoenix at any disco/club in Caracas. Well, El Teatro plays that kind of music too, but it's bigger and prettier. And that was my fun weekend two weeks ago.

More recently, this past week to be precise, after taking my sister and her loud friends/Blackberry people (they're so dependant I've dared to call them that way) to some mall cos they had nothing better to do, I decided to drive around. I was close to El Hatillo, so I drove through those small roads in the mountain. I got distracted with all them pretty houses and buildings, so I barely realised where the road was taking me.

I ENTERED A FAVELA/BARRIO.

Yes, there's one in El Hatillo, but I didn't know it was too close from where I was. Not only that, I also took the wrong road and was driving in the opposite sense of the way, which meant I was nearly crashed by two cars going up (I was going down the road while driving). Going backwards was REALLY difficult and in the process I also nearly crashed some car parked there. Some old man helped me by telling me how to go backwards without doing any harm. I think I owe him my life. So yeah, I managed to return to the same way I had come from and arrived all safe to that point between El Hatillo and La Boyera. That's the kind of thing that only happens to people like Liselotte. But it was kinda hilarious at the end of the day :)

That's all folks.

1 comentario:

Jernest dijo...

Wow jajajajaja super acontecida no? que locura lo del Hatillo...

Los indie karaokes son divertidos, pero a veces satura ver tantos indie kids que lo que son en realidad son una cueeeerda de wannabes de intensos...

No te sientas mal si nadie te comenta preciosa.. intenta cambiar la fórumla! ¿que tal si escribes en español a ver que pasa?

Besos